Automotive Engineering Centre
Universiti Malaysia Pahang
Pahang Darul Makmur.
Tel (Administration) : +609 424 6344
Tel (Service Centre) : +609 424 6356
Fax (Administration) : +609 424 6345
Fax (Service Centre) : +609 424 6364
Assalamualaikum wbt. and good day,
Welcome to the portal of the Automotive Engineering Centre (AEC) of UNiversiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP). This portal offers information regarding the activities, services provided and programs conducted by AEC.
The AEC Team currently has 14 technical and non-technical members of staff who are actively engaged in varoius kind of activities and programs. Staff at AEC include faculty members and research fellows from a wide range of engineering disciplines including mechanical, manufacturing and electrical and electronics.
Our core activities comprise research and consultancy, technical services and an automotive service centre for UMP staff and students as well as external parties. We also plan and organize yearly and regular programs such as international conference (e.g. AiGEV), international exhibition (e.g. AiNEX) and monthly training sessions.
AEC has strong vision, mission and strategic plan in order to move forward and become the main source of reference in the field of automotive engineering. In this regard, AEC aims to become the leading automotive centre of excellence in the East Coast of Peninsular Malaysia. We hope that the research projects conducted as well as the technical expertise and services provided to the community will contribute to the growth of the Centre over the coming years, and that we will be able to establish and enhance as many links as possible through the operations of the Centre.
The AEC Team
BACK TO BASICS - THE MOVE TOWARDS EXCELLENCE
"Going back to basics does not mean that we are going backwards. In fact, going back to basics is a phase in strategic implementation to revisit all of our capabilities in moving towards excellence."
Talking points of Vice Chamcellor's 2013 Speech:
- Excellence achieved today does not guarantee a better tomorrow if UMP denizens do notincorporate discipline within oneself and the organisation in order to sustain our success.
- Currently, there are 202 people or 34.76% of the total 581 lecturers who have PhDqualifications as compared to 16% in 2009.
- Today, UMP has 7,474 pre-graduate students and 746 post-graduate students pursuing 113 study programmes as compared to 54 study programmes in 2004.
- UMP is the choice university of among the best matriculation and STPM candidates - up to 62% of the 2012/2013 bachelor degree programme student intake are such candidates withthe score of CGPA of 3.0. They picked UMP as the place to pursue their studies.
- 79% of UMP graduates last year had secured jobs in areas related to their courses orcontinued to further their studies.
- Since the 2013/2014 intake, UMP has enrolled the first batch of students pursuing bachelor's degree in engineering (pharmaceutical) - a collaboration formed with Institute of TechnologyTallaght, Republic of Ireland.
- UMP is also in the final process to finalise an understanding with Reutlingen University, Germany that will offer a bachelor' s degree programme in business engineering, beginning 2014/2015 session.